Recycling Covered Devices
Did you know that Pennsylvania passed a law, called the Covered Devices Recycling Act (CDRA), which prohibits residents from disposing of covered devices as trash? Effective January 24, 2013 residents and businesses may no longer place these items at the curb or throw them away as trash. These devices must be recycled. Additionally, trash haulers are prohibited from collecting these items as municipal waste.
What is a covered device?
Covered devices include desktop computers, laptops, monitors, computer peripherals (keyboard, mouse, printer and speakers), televisions, and e-readers that browse the internet. The Covered Devices Recycling Act does NOT include cell phones, motor vehicle components, appliance components or items such as handheld calculators, PDAs, MP3 players or similar devices.
Please see the link below for additional information: http://www.lcswma.org/lcswma_recycling_covered_devices.cfm
*Effective January 1, 2017, Union Community Bank will no longer accept Mount Joy Borough and Mount Joy Borough Authority payments. These payments include: taxes, refuse/recycling, and water and sewer. Payments can be submitted directly to the administrative office, by mail or at Northwest Savings Bank Mount Joy location. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you.*
The Borough of Mount Joy hereby fixes and assesses the following 2017 service charges for collection of refuse/recycling
Residential Service Charge Per Unit Per Year, Includes Woody Waste Removal
Non-residential Retail Commercial Service Charge Per Unit Per Year, Includes Woody Waste Removal
The following list of items are collected curbside for recycling:
- Clear Glass
- Colored Glass
- Steel Cans
- Newspaper (place in a paper bag beside or on top of your recycle bin)
- Rule of Thumb: Anything plastic with a number 1-7 is collected with your recyclables.
- While Lebanon Farms Disposal is our refuse and recycling company, what they will accept from each town for recycling is different.
- Each town and person has a separate contract with specific items which are permissible for recycling.
- Please do not reference Lebanon Farms Disposal’s website for a list of acceptable recyclables. Please use the list provided above.
Cardboard Recycling Dumpsters Available At 2 Locations.
Mount Joy Borough has two locations where cardboard ONLY recycling dumpsters are located:
There is a slot in each dumpster that you can just slide the cardboard through. Please call the Borough Office at 653-2300 with questions or comments.